Monday, March 12, 2007

Sweet Gig

So, in addition to not doing anything over the break, I got a sweet new job, bringing the job total up to 3 (Projectionist at Lumina Theater and projectionist at Carolina Beach Cinema 4 and the new one). I received a phone call from guy a Joe Dunton Camera asking if I would be interested in working at Screen Gems being the projectionist at the studio screening room. I said yes. I went to the screening room to see what it was all about and spent about 8 hours training with this dude who knew his shit about projection (which was also beneficial for my other jobs). What I will be doing is running dailies for whatever production in Wilmington wants to have film dailies as opposed to digital dailies. As of now, both Bolden! and The Marc Pease Experience are going to be doing that. So I, along with 3 others, will be running dailies for them. It sounds like an awesome job where I will most likely work for Vilmos Zsigmond (!), Todd Louiso, Jason Schwartzman, and Ben Stiller. Already ran into Todd Louiso. It will be a great experience (as well as high pressure) and I am pretty stoked about it. Plus, it is $25 an hour.

1 comment:

Six X. One said...

Sounds most definitely sweet! Congratulations!